Let's take a look at different ways that we can slow down with our kids to savor the moment together.
- I recently discovered a book called "Breathe Like a Bear" by Kira Willey. It is full of ideas for ways to teach little ones to breathe! Kira is also a songwriter. Check out her music on your favorite music player! I've been enjoying "Bunny Breath" and others! A few of her strategies include:
- Pretending that we are drinking hot chocolate, taking sips and saying a long "mmmm" or slowly blowing it to cool it down.
- Pretending that we are hibernating bears taking long, slow, sleepy breaths.
- David Kisor also has some great songs like "Breathe" and "Smell the Flower, Blow the Candle Out"
- I like to teach little ones to breathe by blowing bubbles and trying to see how big we can blow them!